The Civic Garden Center

Who we are...

The Civic Garden Center (CGC) is a non-profit horticultural resource whose mission is building community through gardening, education and environmental stewardship. Founded in 1942, the CGC is the only organization of its kind in our region. Our administrative office building is located on the former estate of Cornelius J. Hauck. Here we host classes, a horticultural library, several gardens for visitors to enjoy free of charge, the Green Learning Station and an outdoor compost classroom; the building and grounds are available for event and meeting rental. Off the main campus, the CGC has supported the development and continued success of over 50 community and children’s gardens throughout the city. Our outreach efforts include the Community Gardens, Youth Education and School Garden Programs. The CGC offers these programs, frequently at no cost to participants, thanks to the generosity of our donors, private and government grants and corporate sponsorships.

Contribute